Online Master of Science in Education
Franciscan's Master of Science in Education prepares
educators and administrators for success by offering a sold foundation in
curriculum, human development, models of teaching, and educational theory.
Franciscan's MS in Education program embraces a unique, holistic vision of education,
a vision that respects the dignity of every student and helps them to grow not only intellectually, but also emotionally and spiritually.
MS Education Highlights
- Earn your MS in Education in as little as 18 months
- Enjoy the flexibility of taking 1 or 2 accelerated courses per semester
- Explore Education in light of Franciscan's rich tradition of excellence and faith
- Learn using the latest learning technology - podcasts, vodcasts, wikis, blogs, etc.
- Work with faculty who have experience in teaching and administration at all levels
- Collaborate with classmates on projects designed to enhance your success in the classroom or as an administrator
- Choose to specialize in a concentration in OnlineInstruction or Reading
- Fully accredited by the North Central Higher Learning Commission and the Ohio Board of Regents
Is this Program for Me?
Franciscan's Education Program is designed for current teachers and educational administrators in all stages of their careers who are looking to advance to the next level and make an even bigger impact in the lives of students.
The MS in Education Program is designed to make this degree possible for busy educators with family and life responsibilities looking for an excellent, flexible, and affordable Masters Program grounded in solid ethical and educational principles.
Some of the people who would benefit from this program include:
- Elementary or High School Teachers looking to advance their careers
- School Administrators seeking higher positions of leadership
- Teachers seeking Ohio Reading Certification
- Teachers wanting to expand their expertise teaching online
You'll have the option in choosing from one of two different program concentrations: online learning and reading.
With a concentration in online learning you’ll become adept at the methods, strategies and techniques behind teaching online courses. You’ll learn how to engage digital natives with the latest in learning technology, and discover what it takes to become an effective instructor in the media-rich, 21st century learning environment.
With the reading endorsement concentration, your coursework will give you a strong theoretical background in reading along with the instructional methods and materials necessary to apply those principles in a classroom setting with young children. The culminating course, Practicum in Diagnosis of Reading Difficulties,provides a closely supervised opportunity to implement a clinical reading experience for young children.
- Graduate Admissions Application
- Official transcripts of all college and university work
- Three letters of recommendation addressing your academic and personal qualifications, as well as your potential for success in the field of education
- Signed Statement of Good Moral Character
1235 University Blvd.
Steubenville, Ohio 43952